In 2019, we are preparing to eliminate all single-use plastics from our packaging and shipping supplies. This means that we are making a commitment to our customers and the planet to stop using materials that only have one life cycle.
We encourage you to do the same! It's easy to make little steps towards living a greener life. Here are a few of our top tips for living easy and plastic-free.
1. Taking along a reusable bag is an easy way to cut out a single-use plastic. These reusable bags from baggu are lightweight, compact, and more than likely come in your favorite color.
2. Plastic straws are among the worst culprits of plastic pollution and are difficult to recycle. Although we love a good paper straw, there's no beating these colorful silicone straws. Easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and endless uses!
3. Did you know that the average American uses 167 disposable water bottles a year, but only recycles about 38?! Not cool. We're staying hydrated with these silky smooth glass water bottles from bkr.
4. Lunch boxes are making a comeback in a big way. These retro-inspired "bento" lunchboxes are sleek and durable with three airtight BPA-free compartments.
5. Purchase cosmetics, fragrances, and haircare products packaged in glass. Not only is glass better for the environment, it also boosts your #shelfie game. Right now we're loving Youth to the People's all-glass line of skincare.
*EXPERT RECYCLING TIP!
Before tossing away, make sure containers are clean, empty, and dry. Dirty recyclables make sorting difficult and reduce the chance that the material will be repurposed.
Want to learn more about recycling?
Listen to this: Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness
Give Back Program
We just brought back our Give Back program! Visit here to learn how to receive $10 off your next BRJ online order.